Irina has reviewed books for Los Angeles Times, Publishers Weekly, San Francisco Chronicle, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Hartford Courant, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, The Forward, Denver Post, The Moscow Times, Small Spiral Notebook, and other publications. She was formerly the Books Editor for the online magazine, Killing the Buddha.
Selected book criticism by Irina Reyn
- Review of Patrick Flanery’s I Am No One, San Francisco Chronicle
- Review of Tod Goldberg’s Other Resort Cities, Los Angeles Times
- Review of Mary Gaitskill’s Don’t Cry, Los Angeles Times Book Review
- Review of Nathaniel Rich’s The Mayor’s Tongue, Los Angeles Times Book Review
- Review of Chris Abani’s Song For Night, Los Angeles Times Book Review
- Shadow Cities: For Andre Aciman, There’s No Place Like Home, Tablet
- Review of Andre Aciman’s Call Me By Your Name, San Francisco Chronicle
- Review of Elizabeth Rosner’s Blue Nude, The Forward
- Review of Lara Vapnyar’s Memoirs of a Muse, The Moscow Times
- Review of Kathryn Davis’s The Thin Place, San Francisco Chronicle
- Review of Paul Murray’s An Evening of Long Goodbyes, San Francisco Chronicle
- Review of Diane Middlebrook’s Her Husband: Hughes and Plath: A Marriage
- Review of two Yiddish anthologies, Killing the Buddha, originally appeared in The Forward.
- Review of Adam Johnson’s Emporium, San Francisco Chronicle